Saturday, December 4, 2010

Spain declares state of emergency over strike | Reuters

Spain declares state of emergency over strike Reuters: "(Reuters) - Spain declared a state of emergency on Saturday as a wildcat strike by air traffic controllers paralysed airports for a second day."

Bumped into my mates Nigel and Chris this morning. They were due to fly back to the UK from Malaga airport but got a text from Easyjet just 30mins before they were going to leave! Good on Easyjet for the text but really what are the Spanish air traffic controllers playing at? Being bloody minded is what it is. They left jumbo jets in mid flight across the Atlantic with no where to go!

Apparently the government is accusing the air traffic controllers of breaking the law but what I heard was they're not officially on strike - they've all phoned in sick, thus technically not being illegally off work. All I can say is I hope they get this sorted out before I go on holiday myself in a few weeks time.

No comments: